Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Welcome to the blog

Hello Fellow Truffle Aficionados,

While our hazelnut trees are enjoying some nice downtime in their winter dormancy, everyone else at the truffière is moving full steam ahead preparing the land for this years major planting.

In contrast to the summer, our winter weather has provided ample amounts of rainfall and our water sources are literally overflowing (much to the delight of our neighbors downstream.) The weather has been very mild and our trees are doing magnificent, requiring almost no maintenance.

We received delivery of our bulldozer and excavator last week, and should really be able to make some impressive progress on shaping and clearing the site to transition to our end goal of 200 developed acres. There are several sections of land in various phases of readiness and we are simultaneously addressing the needs from liming and nutrient supplementation, to tilling and clearing.

I would like to personally thank all of you who have shown so much interest in our company, without your help and support, this project would not be possible. If you would like information on our truffière, please contact us. We are eager to share in our venture and provide tours of our site.

Corey Rice
Director of Farm Operations

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When will you be having any truffles to sell?

Anonymous said...

Hello Corey Rice; I am interested in producing my own truffle farm and I am not very far from Vass NC. I would like to visit your farm and get some ideas from your experience in Truffle growing. I have always wanted my own farm and a farm that is helpful for the environment as well.
Please contact me if I am able to visit your farm.
Thank YOU
Valerie Leuba